CBS PARTNERS WITH YOGURTLAND ON A SWEET
FALL PROMOTION FOR THE NETWORK’S EIGHT COMEDY SERIES
Here’s the scoop… CBS is teaming up with Yogurtland on a sweet three-tier fall promotion for the Network’s eight comedy series to kick off this Friday:
- From this Friday, Sept. 13 through Monday, Sept. 30, select Yogurtland locations in several major cities will offer CBS comedy series-inspired frozen yogurt flavors and store-wide branding, marking Yogurtland’s first in-store takeover by a television network
- On Premiere Monday (Sept. 23) the same participating Yogurtland shops will provide free frozen yogurt from Noon to 6:00 PM.
- Additionally, all Yogurtland shops throughout the country will accept CBS comedy-branded coupons for a free first five ounces of frozen yogurt on Monday, Sept. 23. (Coupons can be accessed/printed via CBS’s comedy series’ Facebook pages and Yogurtland’s official Facebook page.)
This fall will be more appetizing than ever for CBS comedy fans. With CBS’s largest number of comedies since its 1997-98 schedule, it’s Comedy’s Best Season. The returning hits THE BIG BANG THEORY, HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, 2 BROKE GIRLS and TWO AND A HALF MEN will be joined by the highly anticipated new comedies THE CRAZY ONES, THE MILLERS, MOM and WE ARE MEN.
Among the numerous flavors inspired by these series or their characters are:
- WE ARE MEN — “We Are Man-go” (Mango)
- THE MILLERS — “Chocolate Miller Shake” (Chocolate Milk Shake)
- MOM – “Mom’s Peppermint Hot Cocoa Meltdown” (Peppermint Hot Cocoa)
- THE CRAZY ONES – “Cookies & Crazy Ones” (Cookies and Cream)
- THE BIG BANG THEORY – “Penny’s Cheesecake” (NY Cheesecake); “Howard’s Strawberry Space Adventure” (Fresh Strawberry) and “Sheldon’s Bazinga Blueberry” (Blueberry Tart)
- HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER – “Plain with Robin Sparkles” (Plain Tart); “How I Met your Mocha” (Almond Midnight Mocha) and “Barney’s Legend-Berry Tart” (Maqui Berry Tart)
- TWO AND A HALF MEN – “Two and a Half Pistachios” (Pistachio)
- 2 BROKE GIRLS – “2 Broke Graham Crackers” (Cinnamon Graham Cracker) and “Max and Caroline’s Cupcake Batter” (Red Velvet Cupcake Batter)
The participating Yogurtland stores are:
358 Seventh Avenue at 29th Street, New York, NY 10001
310 South La Brea, Los Angeles, CA 90036
and 8495 W. 3rd Street, Los Angeles, CA 90048
1 W Division Street at State Street, Chicago, IL 60610
57 John F Kennedy St., Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA 02138
2806 University Dr., Coral Springs, FL 33065
7700 W Northwest Hwy., TX, 75225
As the frontrunner in the recent frozen yogurt industry surge, Yogurtland is one of the nation’s first and largest self-serve frozen yogurt brands. The company has transformed the industry by reshaping a popular trend into a growing business by redefining dessert and delivering ultimate culinary experience. Guests can choose among 16 yogurt flavors to create their own delicious frozen treat and top it off their way. Separating Yogurtland from competitors is the company’s team of flavorologists who develop the proprietary recipes for the brand’s more than 50 different and customized flavors. Whether traditional or exotic, each flavor uses real ingredients sourced from their original locations. By controlling the entire frozen yogurt making process, Yogurtland has raised the standards for flavors and quality to new heights, much to the delight of its millions of fans.
Information about CBS’s new comedy series:
WE ARE MEN, premiering Monday, Sept. 30 (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT), is about four single guys living in a short-term apartment complex who unexpectedly find camaraderie over their many missteps in love. Carter (Chris Smith), the youngest and most recent addition to the group, moved in after being ditched at the altar mid-ceremony, and is now eager to re-enter the dating scene and get on with his life with some guidance from his “band of brothers:” Frank Russo, a middle-aged clothing manufacturer and four-time divorcée who still fancies himself a ladies man (Golden Globe and multiple Emmy Award winner Tony Shalhoub); Gil Bartis, a small business owner who was caught having the world’s worst affair (Kal Penn); and Stuart Weber, a speedo-wearing OB/GYN who’s hiding his assets until his second divorce is settled (Jerry O’Connell). Rebecca Breeds also stars.
MOM, premiering Monday, Sept. 23 (9:30-10:00 PM, ET/PT), stars Anna Faris as Christy, a newly sober single mom and waitress raising two children in a world full of temptations and pitfalls, and multiple Emmy Award winner Allison Janney stars as Bonnie, Christy’s critical, estranged mother. Christy’s sobriety is tested when her recovering alcoholic mom Bonnie reappears, chock-full of passive-aggressive insights into Christy’s many mistakes. Nate Corddry, Matt Jones, Sadie Calvano, Blake Garrett Rosenthal, Spencer Daniels and French Stewart also star.
THE CRAZY ONES premieres Thursday, Sept. 26 (9:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) and stars Academy Award winner Robin Williams, who returns to series television as larger-than-life advertising genius Simon Roberts whose unorthodox methods and unpredictable behavior would get him fired… if he weren’t the boss. Sarah Michelle Gellar, James Wolk, Hamish Linklater and Amanda Setton also star.
THE MILLERS, premiering Thursday, Oct. 3 (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT) stars Will Arnett as Nathan Miller, a recently divorced local roving news reporter looking forward to living the singles’ life until the unexpected marital troubles of his parents (Emmy Award winner Margo Martindale and Emmy Award winner Beau Bridges) suddenly derail his plans. Jayma Mays, JB Smoove, Nelson Franklin and Eve Moon also star.
Returning dates for CBS’s returning comedy series:
HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER returns for its ninth — and final — season with a special one-hour episode on Monday, Sept. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT). Josh Radnor, Jason Segel, Cobie Smulders, Neil Patrick Harris, Alyson Hannigan and Cristin Milioti star.
The third season premiere of 2 BROKE GIRLS is Monday, Sept. 23 (9:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT). The series stars Kat Dennings, Beth Behrs, Matthew Moy, Jonathan Kite, Garrett Morris and Jennifer Coolidge.
THE BIG BANG THEORY returns for its seventh season with a special one-hour episode, Thursday, Sept. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT). Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch star.
The 11th season premiere of TWO AND A HALF MEN is Thursday, Sept. 26 (9:30-10:00 PM, ET/PT). The series stars Ashton Kutcher, Jon Cryer and Conchata Ferrell.
CBS Marketing Contact: Barbara Abseck 212-975-4637 [email protected]
Yogurtland Contact: Barbara Caruso 714-841-6777 [email protected]